With the decline of Covid-19 cases in BC now showing that we have collectively flattened the curve, and with the BC Government’s rolling out of Phase 2 of the BC Restart Plan to include in-person counseling, I am pleased to announce that I will be resuming in-office sessions as of mid-May 2020 on a selective basis.
Please note there are several core protocols required and in place which affect you as the client, in my inner office and the building where my consulting room is located. These include:
- To prioritize the health and safety of everyone involved, ONLINE, video, and teletherapy sessions are still the preferred method until the risk from the Covid-19 pandemic subsides. While the Restart Plan allows for in-person counseling, where possible the preference will be to continue sessions online. While we are able to enact protocols in the building, including signage, sanitizer, anti-microbial soap in the washrooms, you must still consider travel to/from the office, and social contact while in the building.
- In accordance with physical distancing guidelines I will be arranging the consulting room to ensure minimum two meters distance.
- Clients will be required to read and sign (online) an informed consent release form related to obtaining my in-person services during Covid-19, prior to attending an in-person session.
- You are encouraged to wait for your session in
your car or outside to minimize social contact in
the limited waiting area of the office reception.
- Clients will be actively screened for any symptoms related to Covid-19. Out of safety concerns, those in high-risk categories will be declined in-person sessions (age-risk category, immune-compromised).
- Here is a link for self-assessment of Covid-19 symptoms: https://ca.thrive.health/covid19/en
- My online practice platform OWLPractice’s privacy compliant, end-to-end encrypted video is of high audio-video quality and stability.
We are making our way through this challenging time together. Wishing you and your loved ones safety, health and togetherness.
Executive Director, Mindful You Therapy
Vancouver BC, Canada